Our Story

How it all started...

 Rev. Archie N. Campbell  began preaching in local homes around Angier for about a year, until the crowds outgrew the houses.  On September 18, 1883, the church, originally named "New Life' was formed in the back of a whiskey shop, a few miles south of Angier.  Thirteen individuals came forward to be baptized the next week at a local pond and a small church was built the following year.  In 1902, following a relocation of the building into the town, the name was changed to Angier Baptist Church. As the church grew, it had need to build twice, once in 1925 and again in 1957 at the current location.  

Where we are headed...

Today, our church is known for it's warm congregation and a willingness to serve our community.  The same love for the community that brought people together over 130 years ago, can still be felt today.  We love partnering with other local groups and churches as we work together to share the love of Christ with our neighbors.  From Buddy Backpack, Meals on Wheels, the  Angier Food Pantry, and assisting local school, the impact of ABC continues to be seen and felt around the county.  We are excited about growing our church and our impact and look forward to sharing in this journey with you!

Be a part of our story...

Join us as we gather to worship, serve, and fellowship!