“Come, Follow me” Jesus said, “And I will
make you fishers of men”.
~ Mark 1:17
WHO are Angier Baptist Youth: Youth committed to learning and growing in Christ. We are not perfect but desire a closer relationship with Jesus and seek him daily. Our group includes younger youth (grades 6-8), and older youth (grades 9-12).
WHAT do the youth do: Angier Youth meet at least twice a week for Bible Study and fellowship. We strive to have fun and learn more about Christ and God’s will for our lives at the same time. Our schedule is constantly changing and there is always something going on! We always plan a Mission Trip in the summer, lockin’s, Christmas program, ski trips, and more! For up to date information, please check out our social media on facebook, twitter, or instagram where the youth stay in touch with Allison and Jared Collier.
WHEN and WHERE do we meet:
Sunday School: 9:45am
Wednesday Night Bible Study: 7-8pm
Sunday Night Bible Study: 6-7pm
The youth room is always open prior to Bible Study times for youth to hang out, play games, and do homework. The schedule below is the typical schedule for the youth to meet. Please check the calendar on the home page for any special events or changes to the regular schedule.
WHY We Do What We Do
- Matthew 28:16-20 > Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Romans 5:1-5 > Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 > Now you are the body of Christ and each one of you is a part of it.
- Ephesians 5:1-2 > Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice.
- Philippians 2:12-16 > Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life – in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
- Colossians 2:6-7 > So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and build up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Allison’s Prayer for the Youth
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:3-6
Join us and learn about how you can be an integral part of God’s kingdom here on earth…even as a student! Through fun, fellowship, and study, we want to learn and grow more every day! Fore more information on any of these activities or other upcoming events, please contact Allison Collier at the church office 919-639-6114 ext 203 or by emailing email@example.com.