Senior Adults age 55+
The senior ministry of Angier Baptist Church is known as the Golden Gems. They meet monthly for a time of devotion over lunch and entertainment. Golden Gems are men and women 55 years old and over. They are an active and vital part of the ministries at Angier Baptist.
Here are a few things we do!
- Meet each month in the Fellowship Hall at 11:30am to have lunch cooked by the Committee and enjoy devotions and entertainment.
- Prayer ride twice a year with lunch afterwards
- Annually crown King and Queen at Valentine’s Banquet
- On the 3rd Tuesday of each month we have a birthday party at Universal in Lillington. Residents are sponsored by individuals of the Golden Gems.
- Go to conferences.
- Have a hot dog cook-out at the Park in June.
- Church-wide senior birthday party in September
- In November after the Thanksgiving meal, fruit baskets are prepared and taken to Stagecoach.
- In December gifts and fruit baskets are taken to Stagecoach.
- Attend plays, musicals, lake Gaston, etc
- Support many other ministries through baking cakes and serving
To join our Golden Gems, simply come to any activity! We would love to have you as part of our group!